Saturday, May 4, 2013

13 Months Old (Day 365)

Zoey is 13 months old today, and it is also the 365th day of my blog!! I would say that it feels like my year as a blogger has flown by, but that wouldn't be the truth. I am so glad I decided to do this 365 day picture challenge, but boy, was it a struggle at times! There were moments when I felt like such a failure because I wasn't up to date with my posts (I am actually still behind as I write this), and I had the sinking feeling that I was letting my handful of readers, myself, and even Zoey, down. Zoey was the reason I started the challenge, and she is the reason I'm going to continue blogging. I'm not going to hold myself to one post a day, but I hope to put something out at least once a week (fingers crossed). I know that some of my relatives have enjoyed keeping up with us through my pictures and stories, and I am pretty proud of what I've been able to produce. I hope that one day Zoey will look back at this documentation of her first year, and it will make her as happy as it has made me. She means the world to me and I too am looking forward to having this (and the hundreds of other pictures that didn't make the cut) to look at as she grows up and transforms into the outstanding woman I just know she's going to be.

              1 Month Old (when I started blogging)                          13 Months Old (today; and as cute as ever)


What a great way to spend such a special day: beautiful views, great friends, warm sunshine and lots of love!

Hood Canal, and the Olympics in the distance.

She would find a tennis ball scooper, and think it's one of the greatest things ever!

Trying to get her kite, that I got from the Target $1 bin, to fly.
(It mostly just flapped and spiraled, a few feet off the ground! :)

Her first real visit to a beach

Naughty girl! YUCK!

My two beach adventurers, on a sandbar

Harper (and Kiwi) had an absolute blast splashing in the water and ripping up and down the beach! 

The awesome cabin!

Feeling the sand underneath her feet!

Waves!
 (fortunately they were pretty calm)

"Let me go, Daddy! Let me go!"

This picture makes me so happy! The fact that she was having such a good time, made everything right in my world.

And then she had to go and fall over, onto her bottom, in the water! 
Yes, I shrieked...and then chuckled :)

She got a few more splashes and stomps in before we called it quits.
She had a fit as I carried her inside! :(

Dry and warm!

Our friend Micah doing some skimboarding.
I don't think the dogs really knew what to make of it!

We were informed of the eagle's nest in a nearby tree, and were excited to actually spot a few birds throughout the day.
(We had to keep a close eye on the dogs, with those things flying over head!) 

Our lovely hosts, Micah and Shannan!
It didn't take long for Zoey to warm up to them; they were great with her. 

Despite the beautiful sunset, we were sad to see such an awesome day come to a close.

"Goodbye, Sun"

Stunning...

Before I could join everyone for s'mores and drinks around the campfire, I had to give my little beach babe a bath. The cabin didn't have a bathtub (only a shower stall), but Zoey's baby bath fit perfectly on the shower floor! Where there's a will, there's a way. :) 

We brought one little duckie, to make it feel like home :)

Today was so awesome! Sunshine, good conversations, friendly bocce ball competitions, and s'mores made with Rolos; I couldn't have asked for much more out of a short weekend getaway. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment