Sunday, May 12, 2013

"Mother's Day Week"

Not only was my Mother's Day great, but I had a whole week of surprises and treats!

It all started on Sunday. I joked with Zoey that Daddy was going to wash Mommy's car. Much to my surprise, he agreed to do it! In response to the look of utter shock on my face, he said "It's all a part of Mother's Day Week!". Wow! Now, I couldn't help but be a little skeptical, and I said something to the effect of "Sure, we'll see about that. A whole week?"

Well, ladies and gentlemen, he proved me wrong! Here is an outline of the week's events:

Sunday: He washed my car
Monday: He brought me chocolate (in the form of a Kit Kat candy bar!)
Tuesday: He brought home a four pack of Ginger Beer for us to share (We drank a ton of this while in New Zealand and Australia. Aww, the delicious memories!)
Wednesday: He went out and got me a Slurpee while I was upstairs putting Zoey to bed! (I heard the front door open and shut, but didn't hear the car start!)
Thursday: I think he forgot about Thursday, but he did end up cooking dinner so I could run off to my Zumba class! That was extremely helpful!
Friday: He emerged from the garage with a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine. (He had intended to hide the chocolate for another day, but it was too hot outside! Haha. Thanks Mother Nature, I owe you one!)
Saturday: He went with Zoey and me to the zoo!! (It was Mom & Me Day at the Woodland Park Zoo and he knew how much I wanted all of us to go; it was Zoey's first trip!)

Today (Sunday): My official Mother's Day gift is A New Phone!! (I was in dire need, y'all!) And a yummy breakfast: his signature "Michael McMuffin"!

Oooh, so shiny and pretty! 

As much as I wish I could say that him cooking like this was a part of my present as well, the apron was purely out of necessity, after he burned his stomach with bacon grease! (Hahaha!)

My Mother's Day present from my little angel?? A floor full of raisins! 

Caught sweeping them under her quilt!!!!

Lucky for her, being her mother is the greatest gift I've ever received. It's still as awesome/fun/rewarding as it was right after she was born. It's the gift that keeps on giving! 

She is drawn to this darn tub!
I guess she misses it just like she misses her infant car seat!?

Oh, and you can see her bruise pretty well in that last picture. She got it a few days ago after she tripped and smacked her face on the corner of my night stand! Poor Buggie :( Fortunately, it's right on her laugh line, so it's hidden every time she smiles...which is almost all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment