My goofy girl was all smiles during lunch this afternoon!
Pretending to be shy!
That's more like it!
As she was flashing her goofy grins, I was suddenly reminded of a picture of myself from when I was young...
Would ya look at that!
I'm a bit older than her, but the similar smiles and pose can't be mistaken :)
Today we took our first trip to the Children's Museum of Tacoma!
The museum is only 20 minutes from our house!
We had fun before we even got inside.
Ready to play
Finally, doorknobs she can reach and is allowed to touch!
She kept going back to these.
This room was pretty dark, and she wanted nothing to do with it.
She was all about the water feature!
Giant rubber duckies!
When the big ducks weren't blocking the way, you could start an object at the top of the feature, and it would sail all the way down. Pretty neat.
Checking out the smaller, stand alone tub
What's better than a ball pit?? A Rubber Duckie Pit!
I let her find her own way out...
Her exit wasn't flawless, but she made it! :)
Rollin'
Other than watching Zoey play in the water, this was the highlight of the trip for me!
You stuck colored scarves in the tube, hit a button, and a burst of air shot it through the maze. It eventually came flying out of the opening at the top. So fun!
Because the museum is free (they accept donations), I can see us visiting on a somewhat regular basis, but it is pretty small and I don't really see it changing much between visits. I don't think the rubber duckies are a permanent fixture, so I'll be interested to see what else they bring in. I know that a membership gets you into certain events, classes, and select play times, but for non-members, it feels more like an indoor park than a museum. I'm looking forward to our next visit and seeing if Zoey is just as interested the second...fifth...tenth time around.

No comments:
Post a Comment