Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ferries and Frozen Yogurt!

Zoey had a rough night's sleep (I think she was thrown off by the unfamiliar sights and sounds of my in-laws' guest room), but, fortunately, she woke up as happy as ever. We all enjoyed a nice breakfast out on the deck, watching the boats go by. 

Cruisin' up and down the deck

Can you imagine waking up to this beautiful body of water every day?? What a blessing.

My mother-in-law brought the toy kitchen outside and Zoey had a blast. She "made tea" and served up the most delicious imaginary food I've ever had ;)

"I'm in my seat, when I'd rather be playing with the kitchen set...so where's my food??"

Sighing "water"

Ask, and you shall receive!

Shortly after breakfast, it was time for us to hop on the ferry and head over to my mom's house. We had plans to visit a park near her house, so that she too could get her weekend "Zoey fix"!

Marilyn Monroe, is that you?? 

A little wind never hurt anybody. Plus, it's totally worth it for the amazing view you get from the ferry's deck! (That's Seattle behind us!)

I was pointing out West Seattle and Alki Beach

Another ferry! 
I can only imagine what was going though Zoey's mind..."Yeah, Mom. Ok. So?" 

Check out that huge cruise ship behind us! Oh, how I'd love to be on that boat!


Happy smiles.
Her first ferry ride was a success!


Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

What's not to love about Downtown Seattle??!
(Ok, just forget about the traffic, the expensive parking, and frequent smell of urine for a moment!)

Happy, happy Daddy's Girl

As soon as we drove the car off of the boat, she was out!
And I totally get it; ferry rides are so exciting!

Once we got to the park, I was super impressed with all of the cool features and toys that were there. Parks have definitely undergone a huge transformation since I was a kid. The toys are a lot more interesting, unique, and creative! 

This, my friends, is what a 2013 Jungle Gym looks like! Crazy!

A four-seater teeter totter? Say what?!

Zoey really likes these swings. She sinks way down and just enjoys the ride.

And finally...why have a regular, old, run of the mill, Mary-Go-Round, when you can have one that's got sculpted seats?! It was super comfy :)

All of the running around at the park got us in the mood for some frozen yogurt. We headed over to Menchies, and my mom generously treated us to a bowl of deliciousness! What a great, family-filled, day.


Zoey and Granny did some Parking Lot Pigeon Watching (Yes, it's a real thing! Haven't you heard?), while Michael and I finished our dessert.



**Almost forgot about this gem from last night:


"No Tea For Grandpa!" (7/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment