Happy 4th of July!
(And Happy 15 Months to Miss Zoe Zoe!)
It seems hard to believe that this is Zoey's second time celebrating the 4th, but it is! She was just a teeny, tiny 3-month-old this time last year! This year, she had an adorable red, white, and blue outfit (Thanks, Granny!) and was very aware of the fireworks that lit up the sky near our house.
Checking out the golf clubs Daddy got her at the Bainbridge rummage sale
The bigger the ball, the easier it is to hit! Smart girl :)
I have no words! Hahaha
(I adore this picture :)
Because Michael and I weren't feeling very well (we both got sick right after Zoey did), it got pretty late (by baby bedtime standards) before we finally went outside and lit our sparklers. We knew it wouldn't take much to impress Zoey, but we wanted to at least light a few.
She was definitely intrigued by the light and sound; just not so sure if she wanted to get close to it.
"Stand back, Dad. I don't want you to get burned. I got this!"
She slowly crept closer and closer, and, once comfortable, reached out to grab the sparkler!
(If you look closely, you can see that I've got a good grip on her coat!)
It wasn't long before she got bored with just looking at the sparklers--what fun are they if you can't swing 'em around??. However, once we put them out in a bucket of water, that was when the real fun began. She took them out, put them back in, dipped them, splashed them, carried the bucket around...
Kids are so funny! :)
A little help turning the wheels in the right direction...
And off she went!
If I ever get around to loading the video I took of her driving, I'll be sure to post it. She was so pleased with herself--just cruisin'--and she's got quite the lead foot!! Look out for when this one turns 16!
No comments:
Post a Comment