Friday, July 5, 2013

The "B" Word

These days, the "B" word in our house, is "Bread". Zoey is obsessed with bread and it's gotten to the point where we have to spell the word, because if we say it aloud, she hightails it over to the counter and signs "more", until her poor little hands just about fall off! Ever since I made her some teething biscuits, that I like to call Monkey Bread (it's a simple banana bread recipe), that's all she ever wants to eat. I've actually started baking apples, apricots, and raisin into it, too, just to pack in a little extra nutrition. Fortunately, she will still eat other foods, but if given the choice, it's bread, bread, bread!!


2 feet, 1 shoe! Hey, whatever works! (7/2)

Today we packed up and headed over to my in-laws' for a sleepover! The highlight of the trip was definitely taking Zoey out on her first boat ride! She did extremely well, and I know she'll look forward to more rides with Grandpa and Daddy, throughout her childhood.

Before we left, she spent a little time exploring the play mat I bought her at the rummage sale last weekend. Got it for only a buck!!

"Umm, Mom, why are we moving?"

It was a gorgeous day!

She warmed up very quickly

Driving!!
(Not really; we stopped before letting her take the wheel :)

"Water! Can I please touch it? Please, please?!"

On the way back to the house. 

"Did someone say 'dock'? Yes, yes, I think I'm ready to get off"

So, when we got back inside, I wasn't too shocked when Zoey headed over to the piano. She tapped on a few keys the last time we were over. Now, what did surprise me, was when she climbed up onto the bench, turned herself around, and started playing! She didn't pound on the keys like I expected her to. She very thoughtfully, and seemingly purposefully, pushed down a couple keys at a time, as if she knew what she was doing! It was very fun to watch.

She looks so dainty :)

Michael and I just sat in awe as she played. She was looking at the music as if she knew that the two went together. Good thing we were there to turn the page for her! Haha!
Oh, and you can hear her grandma cheering her on in the background, by singing along :) (7/5)

Daddy wanted a turn in the spotlight, but Zoey wasn't giving up that easily. She stood in the nearby Lego bucket in order to reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment