When we arrived, everyone was very welcoming and friendly. I could tell that every single one of them was used to working with children, and that immediately helped calm my nerves. After some quick introductions, they got right to business and showed me Zoey's wardrobe: an owl costume! My first thought was that it was adorable, but that it also had a lot of "parts" to it. I wasn't completely confident that she was going to wear the suit, the feet, and especially the hat, without a bit of fussing. As I changed Zoey into the outfit, one of the assistants came back and had some great interaction with her. By the time the costume was on, Zoey no longer seemed concerned about it. In fact, she actually wanted to put the "feet" on.
Next was the test shoot. We had the costume on her, but was she going to sit still in it...and smile?! When I put sat her down on her mark and began to walk backwards, she was not thrilled with the idea of me "leaving her". Fortunately, she stayed put and kept her eyes on me; I was standing right behind the photographer. She offered up a few smiles, and then a few squeals, and then a few "I don't hate this, but I certainly don't love it" type expressions. Any time we had to go in and fix the headpiece (because she kept messing with it), she didn't want me to "leave" without her. But again, she stayed on her mark, and finished strong!
I was so relieved the hear the producer and crew singing her praises once I had her back in my arms. They said that they probably had enough good shots to choose from, but that they wanted us to come back today (the actual shoot day), just to make sure they had what they needed! Phew! I knew that she had done well, but each time she frowned, I was worried that they weren't going to be understanding. I mean, come on, what toddler wants to sit/stand still in a strange costume, in the middle of a room full of strangers, with a camera snapping and lights flashing in their face?? But I was quickly reminded that these people were professions, and just kind people in general.
(Bonus: The produce said that she could tell Zoey is a really good girl. She said it wasn't just because she did well with the lights and the cameras and all of that, but also that it was obvious to her that Zoey has a sweet spirit. She said that there's just something about her.
When she said that to me, I didn't know if I wanted to smile or cry. Both would have been out of joy. I haven't been a mother for long, but I know that one of the best feelings in the world, is when a stranger can sense how wonderful your child is. For her to see what I see in Zoey, in such a short time, made me even more proud of Zoey than I already was. Parents love their kids to death, regardless of what others think, but it is so nice to hear things like that every now and again. :)
So, yay! Zoey got the job!! Her first job...as a baby model...for which she will receive a paycheck!! (Her college fund will be happy to see an increase, outside of the few cents she "earns" each month just for having money in her account!)
When we left the studio, we made a quick stop at a nearby Starbucks and I tried to snap a few celebratory pics with my girl...
Fail...
Fail...
Yes! Nailed it...
(If I can't get a smile out of her, I will almost always settle for a "Scrunchy Face"! It never gets old!)
Modeling is hard work!
After a nap and some food, I had my goofy girl back :)
Today was photo shoot day!
"Five more minutes, pleeease!"
"But I don't wanna get up and go to work!"
Dressed and ready to go. Enjoying a good book while waiting for me to get ready.
When we arrived at the studio, it's was game time!
They had added some padding to the suit, in order to give the chest a "puffed out" look!
We read a couple books and played with a few toys that we brought from home. Wanted to make her feel as comfortable as possible.
Standing on her mark!
That lady in the picture with her was so sweet. She was making all kinds of silly noises and faces, and made sure that Zoey knew she was on her side.
She looks so tiny out there, all by herself!
I stood behind the photographer again today, and did some pretty embarrassing things in an effort to get Zoey to smile. Everyone got to hear my terrible singing voice, my ridiculous animal noises, and all of the jokes we tell at home about "stiiiiinky feet". Just like yesterday, we got a wide range of expressions, but overall, she did fantastic. She stayed put, stayed calm (for the most part), and made a room full of people fall in love with her :)
And that's a wrap!
I had to share this picture because she climbed into the car all by herself, grabbed my water, and took a sip! My baby is growing up! (And stealing things! Haha j/k)














No comments:
Post a Comment