Being given permission to stab, stir, mix up, and fling food, puts the biggest smile on her face!
More and more these days, the food is making it directly into her mouth (as opposed to her chin or cheek, and then down her bib, then into her hand, and then eventually into her mouth! :)
She will often pick up and turn over (or even throw) whatever vessel she's eating out of, so I got suction cup bowls to cut down on some of the mess. While they work pretty well, her fascination with them just leads to her lifting up the whole tray! (*frustrated sigh*)
After running an errand in Downtown Seattle, Zoey and I stopped by my mom's work and joined her for lunch. We ate down in the building's food court, and Zoey had a great time walking around, exploring her surroundings, and entertaining those near us. Not only was she talking a lot, but she also showed off one of her newest skills: Stomping! So fun to watch; she had us all cracking up!
In Granny's office building, waiting for her to come down the elevator.
I know I say this a lot these days, but...she looks like such a BIG GIRL here! My little baby is growing up!
I absolutely adore this outfit that my mom got her!
It's a good thing I got to enjoy her in it before she blew out her diaper and had to be stripped.
Not wanting to put clothes back on, she toddled off into the kitchen and sought refuge underneath her highchair!
Naked baby on the loose!
We are having friends over for brunch this weekend and I wanted to practice one of the dishes ahead of time, just to make sure I know what I'm doing.
Southwestern Quiche with a cornbread crust! I've raved about this dish ever since trying it at our nephew's baptism brunch, and I'm super excited to impress our friends on Saturday!
Cornbread, red onion, cilantro, linguica, egg, and more cilantro!
Topped with shredded cheese!
Ta-Da! Very tasty!
The whole dish went back into the oven after I took this picture, because I couldn't tell what was melted cheese and what was uncooked egg. Didn't want to take any chances. (When I pulled it out the second time, it was a little crispy, but unquestionably cooked!) And unfortunately, this recipe helped me discover that I don't care for linguica (I don't remember not liking it the first time I had it...). The next time I make this, I'm definitely using a sausage I know and love.




I was wondering what linguica was! I used italian sausage!
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I almost wrote you to see if you made any alterations to the recipe, because yours was so much better than this one! I used a yummy smoked sausage for the second go; so much better! :)
Delete