So, today was my third time making a batch of oatmeal for Zoey, and I think I finally nailed it! The first two batches were too thick (tough) and dry, and I felt that the clumps were too big. As a matter of fact, when my sister-in-law was over watching Zoey, she tried some and asked Michael if it was quinoa! Yikes! I don't know that I thought it resembled quinoa, but the fact that her first guess wasn't oatmeal, is not good! Hahaha.
This time around, I ground the steel cut oats until they were a fine powder. Then, I slowly added them to gently bowling water, making sure to stir constantly. (Last time, the water was boiling too rapidly, and the oats firmed up, almost right away!)
Oatmeal powder!
I used a little bit more water than was suggested, and it turned out much better! It was much easier to manipulate than the previous batches, making the transfer to storage containers a breeze.
She loves using her forks and spoons, but still refuses to hold them the way we show her.
She's so dainty with it :)
More confirmation that this batch is a winner!
Oatmeal, with a dash of ground cinnamon...yum, yum.
Following the doctor's orders and enjoying a snack:
My pretty girl and her box of raisins.
I spent some time just watching her from the kitchen; she looked like such a big girl, sitting by herself, eating her snack!
Of course, on a day when she doesn't need to wear her cold weather hat, she hands it to me repeatedly, wanting me to put it on her?!?
We went to West Seattle to visit my aunt this afternoon, and she had a birthday present for Zoey that she was just dying to give her! As soon as I saw that it was a Dance & Play Puppy, my first thought was, "Oh man, Mike is going to just looove this!" (being sarcastic, of course). He's always thought that Zoey's Laugh & Play Puppy is a little creepy. Lol.
The important thing: Zoey really likes it! She quickly learned that touching his feet made him dance and sing. Once we got home, she continued to explore it and eventually started dancing and clapping along to the songs.
Press the button on his foot and then...
get back because he can be a bit startling!
No comments:
Post a Comment