Helping Daddy pack his lunch!
Today was our first time using the new bowls and utensils we picked out at Babies R Us. I decided to go with suction cup bowls because Zoey is fond of trying to toss her food off of her highchair.
The bowls are the Munchkin Stay Put Suction Bowls, and so far they appear to stick on pretty well.
It didn't take long for her to wonder why she couldn't pick up the bowl
Eating like a big girl!
"Big Girl' eating can sometimes take too long!
Even though she started to use her hands, she didn't let go of her new fork.
Aaaand this is when we called it a wrap.
"All done"
What do you get when you mix: a mommy who's desperate to take a shower, and a 1-year-old who has no desire to be confined to an activity seat that she's convinced she can climb out of?
This:
I didn't see this happen, but I'm pretty sure she was reaching for the shower curtain and tipped just a little too far forward. I've known for a while now that her legs are strong enough to push the seat around (that's why we had to stop using it on the counter), but she had never tipped it over before today!
So, my husband is the health food and produce shopper in our household, and he works very close to a great produce stand called Tacoma Boys. Their products are almost always superior to Safeway's and their prices are often better. Last week, while at the checkout, the checker pointed out to him a big box of strawberries and asked if he wanted one for only $5. He told me he looked it over and, noticing that most of the berries looked like they had been sitting for a while, politely declined. When he came home and told me about the good deal, I was relieved that he passed on it. We have no use for that many strawberries; only 2 out of the 3 of us are even eating strawberries at this point (Sorry, Zoe Zoe!).
Well, as you can see in the picture below, my husband didn't exert the same will power as he did the week before, when enticed by the $5 deal! As I counted up the individual containers (8!), I couldn't even come up with more than three uses for them. When I asked him what he planned to do with them, he said "Babe, I may not know what to do with ALL of them, but when I use two containers, I will have gotten my money's worth!...I know I wanna dehydrate some of them...can Zoey have strawberries yet??" Oh good grief! It looks like we're going to be eating a lot of fresh berries, some dehydrated ones, and maybe even a few strawberry filled smoothies! A few suggestions from friends on Facebook were strawberry shortcake, jam, and drying them for snacks.
8 containers for $5 is a great deal...for someone with a plan...or a family of 5!


No comments:
Post a Comment