After a fun and exhausting weekend, it appears that Zoey's body knew that today was a recovery day. She woke up at 6:45, and when she refused to lay back down in her crib, I brought her back to bed with me. She almost immediately fell back asleep, and stayed asleep through Michael's morning routine. Eventually, I dozed off too, and we didn't wake up until 9! Hallelujah! My little girl really knows the way to my heart!!
After playing downstairs for a little while, I noticed that Zoey was getting cranky. I knew for sure that she couldn't be tired so soon, so I did everything I could think of to keep her happy. Despite my best efforts, nothing seemed to work. She finally started signing "milk", and shortly into her feeding, she fell asleep again! She napped from 11 to 12:10; I couldn't believe it!
If it were up to me, we never would have left the house today, but we were in serious need of some groceries, and Michael was on day two of throwing tantrums about being out of yogurt! So, off to Safeway we went. As I was walking into the store, a teen-aged employee offered me a shopping cart that he was about to put away. I thanked him, loaded Zoey in and didn't give him another thought. Once I was ready to check out however, I noticed that the same employee was now the bagger at the end of my chosen check stand. As I approached the pin pad, ready to swipe my credit card, he and I made eye contact, and with a startled "Hey, it's you!" look on his face, he said "Oh, hey...you've been in here for a while!". Umm, yes Reuben, sometimes when you grocery shop with a 1-year-old who refuses to keep her stuffed doggie in the cart and constantly grabs things off the shelves when you forget to park the cart in the middle of the aisle so she can't reach, it takes a little while to make it through the store! Not to mention when you have "Mommy Brain" and can't seem to remember everything you need from a certain aisle, until you've left said aisle, and you have to circle back once or twice (sometimes three times!).
This was before Doggie got tossed overboard!
She was saying "Ruff".
I was forced to watch my step as I put the groceries away and started dinner...
Girlfriend better be careful before she gets herself a parking ticket!


No comments:
Post a Comment