Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bathtime Fun

Well, I don't know if it's appropriate to call Zoey's bathtime "fun" just yet, but today's bath was one of the best yet! I try to get her in the bathtub twice a week and the rest of the time I just wipe her down on the changing table. She doesn't seem to like either method.

Doesn't that look inviting? Nice warm water and a friendly rubber ducky!

She could definitely tell that somethin' was up...

Our thermometer ducky doubling as a modesty ducky!
(When you put that ducky in the bath water, his tummy changes color to tell you if the water is too hot. Love it!)

As long as I kept her warm by pouring water over her belly, she did pretty well. As you can see, she is getting big and she couldn't quite get her legs the way she wanted them. I'm pretty sure the bathtub is made for newborns/infants to be in the sling and for toddlers to be in the tub itself (it didn't come with instructions), so even though she looks big in it, in the sling she will stay :) I'm too afraid of putting her directly in the tub and then being responsible for both washing her and keeping her head above water. I think next time though I'll loosen the sling so that she's in the water a little more. 

Telling Momma that bathtime is over!

Nice and dry in her hooded fishy towel :)

This has got to be one of my favorite pictures of Zoey yet!
Holding her head up, looking at me with those beautiful eyes...precious! 

After I got her dressed I could tell she was totally exhausted from the whole experience. I put her down in her pack-n-play and she went right to sleep. I must admit, that's another perk to bathtime in the tub. Afterwards, I get a little "me" time before the next feeding, diaper change and snuggle session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment