Not bad for a first attempt!
I read from many different sources that if parents want a breastfed baby to also take a bottle, then the bottle should be introduced between 4 and 6 weeks. Zoey has definitely mastered nursing so I'm not too worried about a bottle interfering with that. I'm hoping that she takes the bottle without any issue and will eat well anytime that I need to be away from her (like my hair appointment this Saturday. I'm not looking forward to leaving her, but I guess it has to happen sometime, right? :(
On another note...Tonight we went to Bainbridge Island to visit Michael's parents. His sister, her husband and their two boys were over as well. His sister cooked us a great dinner; French Dip sandwiches, complete with Au Jus sauce for dipping! Delish!
We had a blast hanging out and watching Zoey with her cousins.
Hanging out with Grandma Cathy and Cousin Ryan
Adorable!
Grandpa Roger holding her like Simba, from the Lion King!
Cousins Ryan and Jacob joined the fun
Hangin' out with her aunt, Christy
On the way home we got a lesson in timing, in regards to Zoey's feedings. I knew it was risky to leave with her awake and we made it about 20 minutes out before her fussing turned into screaming and I knew she needed to be fed. We had to pull over into a gas station parking lot and take care of business! (I refuse to listen to those heartbreaking screams for long :( After that she was content and we made it home, no problem :)
No comments:
Post a Comment