Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Hushed Rose"

Michael has been working so hard on Zoey's nursery and it's almost finished! The room started out a really icky shade of brown and is now a pretty combination of tan, white and a heavily debated shade of pink, called "Hushed Rose".

I think the color choices worked out well and look great with the "cognac" crib.
Michael also did a fantastic job with the crown molding!

I helped remove the doors and paint the closet white. It looks so fresh and clean :)
(In the end, there will likely be curtains instead of doors)

Zoey's asking "So Dad, when can I move in?"

While the painting was going on, and until the smell leaves the room completely, Zoey's closet moved to the spare bedroom!

Fortunately, I get to move everything back in tomorrow and it's perfect timing because we have company coming this weekend! My girlfriend from college, Tebria, is coming to stay for a few days!!

I am so excited to add all of the finishing touches to Zoey's room. I have been gathering a lot of ideas from HGTV (my favorite channel!), Pinterest and other random websites. My next project is to paint the letters of Zoey's name that are going to hang from ribbon behind the crib. I need to decide if the letters are going to be pink ("Frosted Berry") or white and if I'm going to use the pink or white ribbon?? Decisions, decisions! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment