Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bothell or Bust!

This morning started with Zoey having some "tummy time" on her rainforest play mat. I wish I could say that she enjoys spending time on her tummy, but really she just seems to tolerate it...and usually not for more than about 5 minutes. Her pediatrician gave us a goal of 15 minutes, 3 times a day. We'll get there, eventually. She does seem to enjoy looking around her rainforest when she's on her back. She flails her arms, starts cooing and sometimes appears to catch her reflection in the mirror that hangs from above.

Showing off her strong neck as she lifts her head up!


After we'd both had breakfast, Zoey and I got ready for our trip to visit her Grandma out in Bothell. After Zoey was born, my mom stayed with us for almost two weeks and has been to our house each weekend since. This weekend I thought it would be nice to make the trip out to her place. To everyone's surprise, Zoey and I were actually out the door, loaded into the car and ready to go ON TIME! Many people can attest to the fact that running late is somewhat of a specialty of mine. What can I say? At least now I can blame it on being a new mom and having an extra body to get ready :)

I love this mirror! I'm able to check on her just by glancing at my rearview mirror.


After about 50 minutes we arrived at Grandma's house and settled in for a relaxing afternoon. Not long after we arrived there was a knock at the door. I opened it to find one of my mom's neighbors who smiled sweetly and asked "Is she here?!". It was so cute how excited she was to meet Zoey and I had a proud momma moment thinking about how loved Zoey is, even by people who've only heard about her! After a short visit the neighbor left and "the Zoey show" carried on :)

So happy to be in Granny's arms!

It looks like Zoey is thinking "Yes, ok, you too would like to kiss me? I guess I'll allow it."

After a bit it was time for the grown ups to have lunch. We made a yummy pizza and moved upstairs to the family room where Zoey got to experience Grandma's awesome, giant bean bag chairs!
The chair looks like it could swallow her right up!


After a few episodes of Long Island Medium (love that show!), it was time for us to pack up and head home. And when I say "pack up", I mean it. Traveling with baby means grabbing my purse, the diaper bag, the camera, the car seat, snacks for the road and of course, whatever gift Grandma has given Zoey! This time Zoey got a precious piggy bank that has little rhinestones all over and a tiara with a pink bow. It really is the cutest piggy bank I've ever seen. And there's even money in it! How awesome are Grandmas?! I know I've got a great one and I'm so happy Zoey's got two to love and spoil her for the rest of her life. 

On the way home we listened to a CD that Zoey got from her great aunt Angie that has lullaby versions of well known rock songs. Who knew that Madonna's "Material Girl" would sound so good as a lullaby? Haha. Zoey seemed to like it too; she went right to sleep. We arrived home to find Michael in the front yard planting his two apple trees next to the cherry tree he put in last weekend. Looks like, along with Zoey, we now also have 3 trees to watch grow over the years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment