After I changed Zoey I put her back in the pack-n-play with her giraffe, Twinkle (who is named for the song she plays, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star").
Rarely does poor Twinkle stay upright; Zoey usually flails her arms and knocks her over :)
Zoey is starting to show that she knows where noises are coming from. Most of the time she will turn towards the giraffe once the music starts to play, but not always. And if she's actively listening to the music, she'll start to fuss when the song ends. Such a smart cookie!
(Side note: It's a little hard to tell in this picture, but Zoey is starting to outgrow a lot of her clothes. I swear, everyday I am packing up a newborn onesie. Even some of her 0-3 month onesies are getting snug!)
This evening Zoey and Daddy hung out while we watched TV. They snuggled together in the pretty blanket that Zoey's great grandma Helen made her. It's hard to tell, but I think Michael is getting used to being surrounded by all of the pink that's now in our house. If not, he better get ready, it's only going to get worse! :)
"I'm trying to relax with my dad, do you mind?"
Sleepy baby before bedtime
Lately,
bedtime has been between 10 and 10:30 p.m. Zoey has been sleeping until about
1:30, 2:00 a.m. before needing to be fed again. After that, the next feeding is
usually around 4:30 or 5 a.m. So really, that's only twice that I have to get
up "in the night" (and yes, I consider 4:30 to be the night. Why else
would I be up at that ridiculous hour? Lol) Michael is up at around 6 and
tiptoes in and out of the room until about 7:20. By then I'm usually feeding
Zoey again and he waits patiently to scoop her up and say good-bye before
leaving for work. It's nice to feel like we've got a bit of a routine down,
although I know that our princess runs the show and things can change at any
time! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment