Sunday, May 20, 2012

Work Of Art

A few days ago I told my mom that when she came over today I was going to have an art project for her to help me with. Not knowing what it was, other than it was going to be for Zoey's nursery, she gladly agreed to help. When she arrived I had 3 canvases, some animal print fabric and a staple gun! My idea was to stretch the fabric over the canvas and staple it, resulting in 3 easy pieces of art for the wall (I have seen it done on HGTV many times!) Well, we quickly discovered that the fabric I had chosen just wasn't going to look good in the room and we needed to change our course. My backup plan was to bust out the paint we used to do the nursery walls, and paint pictures on the canvas instead. What could be better than original, hand painted artwork?? :)

This was the scene (after a little clean up) on the floor of the nursery

With the left over paint samples of pinks, tans and whites, we set out to create some works of art! I attempted a giraffe (which was to be the theme of the nursery in the first place. Now I'm a bit undecided...) and my mom painted "Princess Zoey" with a crown above it. Our time together flew by way too quickly and both pieces are unfinished, but I have no doubt that they will add a great personal touch to Miss Zoey's room! (Speaking of Zoey's room, we need to hurry up and finish it! She is going to be ready to move into it before we know it!)

I had to include this picture of my sweet girl...

Snoozin' in her cloud pajamas

I ordered these pajamas before she was born and had been looking forward to her finally fitting into them. They came with a bib that says "Mommy's Dream Come True". Definitely a true statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment