Monday, May 14, 2012

California, Meet Seattle

When Tebria first got into town I asked her if there was anything she wanted to make sure we did or saw. The first thing out of her mouth was "Pike Place Market!". I was so happy to hear that; I love going to the market! Today was also Zoey's first time at the Market. Michael and I went about a week and a half before she was born and I remember hoping that the trip would jump start labor! (no such luck)

Zoey's first picture with Rachel, the Pike Place Market pig.

As usual, the market didn't disappoint. And it didn't hurt that it appeared Tebria brought her sunny California weather with her to Seattle! We saw cool pieces of art and crafts, sampled honey and pears, gawked over the beautiful flower bouquets, visited souvenir shops, ate yummy doughnuts, and had a delicious lunch at Taxi Dogs (Tebria was appalled that I had my Kielbasa with cream cheese!) 

After lunch we packed up and headed down to the waterfront to look through a few more souvenir shops. Tebria needed something fun to bring back to her hubby and son. It's not often that I get to look at Seattle with "tourist eyes", so it was really refreshing to explore and remember why I love my city. Some of our shops though...a little strange. We sifted through numerous pirate and pig themed items, and Tebria finally ended up with a t-shirt for her son, a coffee mug for her hubby and a cute, red "Seattle" sweatshirt for herself. Our last stop was a candy shoppe for some salt water taffy. Another beautiful day spent in a place that I love, with people I love :)



No comments:

Post a Comment