Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One of "Those" Days

Today was one of "those" days. I knew this morning when Zoey went through 3 diapers in about 5 minutes, that I was in for a wild ride. I'm not sure if she's going through one of her first growth spurts or if she was just feeling extra needy today, but the girl went through cycles where she'd fuss for a while, eat like a maniac, sleep for 20 minutes and then be ready to eat again! It is truly insane how quickly time flies when taking care of an infant. You feed them, burp them, get them to sleep and once they wake up, (on a day like today) an hour and a half has gone by, just like that!

Finally, at about 4:30 I got to take a shower! And once Michael got home I handed Zoey over and laid down at the foot of the bed to "rest my eyes". An hour later I woke up and it was one of those naps where, when you wake, you honestly can't remember if it's a.m. or p.m.! After pulling myself together I went downstairs to find our sweet girl sleeping soundly in her daddy's arms. I asked Michael in disbelief, "Has she been sleeping this whole time?!". Clearly we're already seeing signs of Zoey being "Daddy's little girl" ;)

But, at the end of the day, when she finally goes down in her pack-n-play, I get to stare at one of the most precious sights...



My sleeping beauty!
I know I should be sleeping, but I can't help but watch the monitor for a bit before I doze off. No matter how our day has gone, seeing her peaceful and happy makes me feel really good, like I've done my job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment