Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daddy's Turn

For Zoey's last feeding before bed, Michael gave her the bottle of breast milk that I pumped on Tuesday. We knew it wasn't nearly enough for a full feeding, so I was standing by to take over once she finished it. Ok, ok...I was also "standing by", AKA hovering, to make sure that she wasn't having any trouble taking the bottle. Unfortunately for him, I don't think when Michael envisioned his first time feeding Zoey, it included a crazed momma bear crouched at his feet, LOL. Oh well, there was no getting rid of me!


But he did a great job and so did Miss Zoey! The milk that I so patiently pumped, disappeared in a flash! 


Proud Papa

Learning this new bottle business together

Once the bottle was empty, I took over and Zoey transitioned beautifully. I am definitely a little more at ease with the idea of leaving her for a short time, now that I know she won't starve! I also know, however, that I am going to have to pump a lot more for even just a single feeding! Good thing we ultimately decided to buy bottles and storage bags; at first we weren't sure if/when we'd actually need them. The time has come...

Speaking of what it's time for, Michael said to me tonight "Zoey is almost 2 months old, when does she move into her room?" The question took me by complete surprise and I looked at him and quickly replied "Never!" :) Now, obviously that's not true, but I'm so NOT READY for her to "move out"! :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment