Not many things can get me up early on a weekend, but all this weekend The Old Cannery is having a Memorial Day Weekend tent sale! Michael and I are in desperate need of bedroom furniture and I had my figures crossed that we'd be able to find two 5-drawer dressers. The sale started at 9 a.m. and my morning ambition got us there before 11 (that's really good for me, haha)! Under the tents they had so many beautiful pieces of furniture, it was easy to get distracted. We found ourselves heavily debating between two living room recliners before we pulled ourselves together and remembered what we were there for! So, we headed inside to find the dressers and, before long, we had our eyes set on pretty white ones. Tall, 5 drawers and would only cost us an arm, instead of an arm AND a leg! But, we worked it out and were able to purchase one dresser today (we both kinda need our arms ;). We are going to go back for the other dresser during the 4th of July sale! :)
Isn't she a beaut'?!
After making our purchase and some free goodies (the sale was like a community party; so fun!), we decided to walk to main street in downtown Sumner.
Nice day for a walk
We visited Sugar Babies, a cute baby boutique, and a few antique stores. I wanted to check the antique stores from cool knobs or hooks for Zoey's room. I didn't find any, but I did get a great idea for a wall mounted headband/jewelry holder. The one at the store was a long rectangular board with clothes pins on it. Michael said he can make me something similar; very excited :)
Being that we were in Sumner, we had to stop at the Dairy Freeze before heading home. A blackberry milkshake, chicken strips and french fries later, it was time to go home and relax.
Well, I relaxed while Zoey and Michael played on her jungle mat :)
What a fun sunny Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment