Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is Michael's birthday! He is finally 26! And I say finally because I turned 26 in November and I always have to wait six months for him to catch up (Yes, I married a handsome, younger man ;) 


This year, buying Micheal's birthday presents was very easy because he did all the buying! For the longest time he had been talking about planting trees when we got a new house. Well, we got our new house and he just had to have those trees (two apple and a cherry). We agreed that they would be his birthday presents and he ordered them a few weeks ago while they were still available. Another thing Michael had been talking a lot about lately was how much he wanted some fudge (anyone who knows him knows about his insane sweet tooth). So, because I wanted him to have something special and unexpected on his special day, I set out to make him some fudge. I went online and found the simplest recipe I could (Not only am I an amateur baker, but with an infant by my side, I didn't have time to be slaving over the stove with my candy thermometer making sure things stayed at precise temperatures).



After I got Zoey dressed, in her cute "I love Daddy" onesie, we headed to Safeway to get ingredients. Because I only needed a few things, I was able to fit the car seat in the cart and it was smooth sailing. We got semi-sweet and milk chocolate morsels, sweetened condensed milk and butter. The recipe required me to combine all of the ingredients, melt them in the microwave, pour the mixture into an 8x8 pan and place it in the fridge until firm. And voila! Fudge! (Like I said, keepin' it simple). I also picked up a Happy Birthday balloon and two cards. Inside the card from Zoey I traced her hands and dated them (she is 8 weeks old today!!)

When Mike came home he was very surprised. I know the fudge was far from the best he's had, but he was very kind and said he loved it :)

Earlier in the day, Zoey and I had a mini "I love Daddy" photo shoot. I'd say it was a success.


Trying to catch that adorable smile

Supermodel...I can already see it!

Cutie-toot-toot

So stinkin' cute!

And the photo shoot is over when the subject keeps falling over! :)

Birthday meal chosen by the Birthday Boy...chicken, broccoli and rice (you'd think he turned 86 instead of 26 ;)

Happy birthday Babe! We love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment