Saturday, December 29, 2012

Big Girl Bath

Let me start off by saying that, since yesterday, I have wised up on the whole TP situation! The roll now sits on the back of the toilet; not pretty in the way of bathroom decor, but it works!

I swear, I can't take this child anywhere! ;)
Now, when I open the fridge with her on my hip, she grabs at whatever she can reach. At least she's going for the good stuff; my Sweet Cream coffee creamer.

Ever since Zoey became big enough to take a bath outside of her pink baby tub, I have made numerous excuses as to why she wasn't ready. I needed a tub mat, so she wouldn't slip and/or slide around... I needed a faucet cover, so she wouldn't hit her head or get burned... I was too tired to clean out the tub, so it wasn't "ready" for her...

Well, before her last bath in the baby tub, I promised her that I'd have the big tub ready for her next bath. It's funny how making a promise to a baby, who doesn't even know the meaning of it, makes you want to follow through, just as if you'd made it to a comprehending adult. 

So, tonight, Zoey took her first "Big Girl Bath"! (I'm pretty sure I called her first bath without the newborn hammock, a "Big Girl Bath", too! So, this was a "Big[ger] Girl Bath" ;)

She did a great job! 
She was extremely excited to get in! She kept peering over the edge and smiling :)


I think she was a little intimidated once she got in

It wasn't long before she stood up and started bopping up and down!

Inspecting the Rubber Ducky faucet cover. 
I tried my best to keep her seated, but there were just too many cool things to look at!

I am so glad she likes the tub, but I fear she may like it too much! I gave her plenty of play time, in the hopes that she'd then sit still and let me wash her. No such luck. She slipped once, due to excessive squirming, and my heart nearly stopped. Hopefully, with some practice, we'll both learn how to have a fun and safe tub time!

No comments:

Post a Comment