Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finger Food

This afternoon, Zoey and I had a nice visit with my dad. We were able to exchange gifts and he gave Zoey a cute little Fisher Price, rotary dial, toy phone! It's on a string, so she can pull it behind her as she crawls, and eventually walks. It also "rings" when you turn the dial! Super cute :)

Enjoying her Baby Einstein Ocean Orchestra turtle

Scrunchy Face!
Did I mention that she does this a lot..and we love it..so there's lots of pictures of it?? OK. Just checking! ;)

Here in the Lubovich house, we've been working on finger foods! Zoey is doing a pretty good job picking the food up (either with a rake grasp or an occasional pincer grasp), but getting it into her mouth is still the tough part. Once she gets a piece of food in her hand, she looks at it curiously, closes her hand, and forgets all about it! I tend to uncurl her fingers and guide her hand to her mouth, or just shovel a few pieces in for her, while she plays with what's left on her tray.

She doesn't seem to be too fond of the texture of carrot chunks. They are such a tough veggie, that it takes a long time to get them really soft. She does OK with the super soft pieces, but if it's got a bit of a bite to it, she shoves it to the side of her mouth and tries to forget about it!

Not loving it

Moving it all around, but not actually chewing it!

"Maybe I can put a stop to this if I scrunch up my nose? They always seem to like that!"

It's so fun watching her explore and learn.
She has a piece in her left hand, but has no desire to put it in her mouth. On to the next piece...

Practice makes perfect; we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment