Sounded like a good enough idea to me...
After carefully transferring some puree into my piping bag, I strategically placed what looked like hundreds and hundreds of drops on the dehydrator shelves. It was looking great and our hopes were high! Well, hours later, when I went to check on the progress of our snacks, what I found, made my heart sink! Instead of little puffed apple/pears balls, we had flat, chewy, fruit leather-like bits that had to be peeled from the parchment paper!! LOL. It wasn't funny then, but now that I think back on it, it was pretty comical! We took a few minutes to wallow in our disappointment, as we peeled off the snacks and shoveled them into our mouths (they were actually quite tasty). If they hadn't been so chewy, we would have still given them to Zoey, but I feared that she'd be sucking on the darn things for hours!
Oh well, it was a solid effort. We'll be sticking with fruit and veggie chunks, until we find something else to add into to the mix that suits our needs.
Ugh, what a waste of time!
Although, I think Michael would beg to differ; he quite enjoyed his fruit leather bites!
It's so fun to watch Zoey's little wheels turn as she learns more about the baby gate. She has been putting things through the bars; sometimes on purpose, and other times, completely by accident.
Poor Sophie! She got stuck and Momma had to help free her!
No comments:
Post a Comment