Thursday, December 13, 2012

LOADS of Holiday Cheer

I have been waiting for weeks now to take the picture for our Christmas card, and the day has finally come! I knew exactly what I wanted to do and, with a helpful suggestion from Michael, my idea came to fruition. The end product turned out great, but we didn't arrive at it without many, many outtakes! I'm only including a few, but there were tons! The self timer on the camera worked like a charm, and the flash going off so many times in a row, is actually what kept Zoey and the dogs looking straight ahead!

This was one of the first test shots I took while setting up the scene...she's a natural!

Brought in Mike and the pups...
Say "Cheese!"

Oh, the things that get captured when you use self timer!
"KIWI! SIT!"

"Zoe Zoe, EYES UP!"

The winning shot...

And the final product (the online version, anyway)

"Wishing you LOADS of holiday cheer and a blessed new year!

"LOADS", get it? Laundry basket, laundry, detergent...

When I was coming up with the theme for this year, I thought about how our lives have changed and what's new. One of the first things that came to my mind, was that I do A LOT more laundry now! It is seriously a major part of my life, whether it's neatly folded and stacked, or spilling over all three laundry baskets, taunting me! Initially, I was going to have piles of laundry all around us, but Michael suggested actually putting Zoey in the basket, and I love it! Oh, and our jammies  have dual significance: 1) They're festive, 2) "All of our clothes are dirty, so all we have left to wear are our pajamas". 

So, there you have it: Loads of laundry= Loads of holiday cheer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment