Zoey slept until after 9 am this morning! I don't know what I did to deserve such a nice treat, but I appreciated it, that's for sure! It is no secret that I am not a morning person, and as much as I treasure seeing my little girl's face every morning, she looks even better after 8 o'clock!
One of her favorite spots to pull up: the freezer drawer.
"I'm comin' for ya, Momma!"
A few days ago, I told Michael how sad I was that one of Zoey's first books is now torn. I told him that I thought it was the work of either Zoey or one of the dogs; since I didn't see any bite marks, I leaned more heavily towards Zoe Zoe.
Well, seeing the book again made me want to physically show him the damage, and upon doing so, I got an interesting response! All of a sudden, a sly smirk came across his face and he said "Oh, thaaaat's the book you were talking about?"..."I maaaay have stepped on that one..."!
Oh good grief! That response told me two things:
1) He wasn't really listening to me when I told him about the book the first time, because if he was, one would think he would have inquired about which book, and then confessed his sin!
2) When I see a damaged item, I need to add "Daddy?" to the list of suspected culprits!
(How did I not already know #2??)
I think it's still got a lot more life in it! That is, if Michael steers clear of it ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment