Highlights from today:
-Watching Zoey and Michael read a book together this morning, as they waited for me to get ready.
-Witnessing the many happy, and hilarious, faces Zoey made!
Everything piled around her so she'd sit still for a minute!
The item that did the trick: a cold water bottle!
(The bag with the teethers?...Apparently, that was sooo yesterday!)
-Taking a driving tour through my mom's old neighborhood. She spent a portion of her childhood in Toledo, and it was so cool to see some of the places where she used to spend her time. Michael and I also got to hear some good stories, as she and my grandpa reminisced.
After the tour, my grandpa took us out to dinner, to the Longhorn Steakhouse. I tried a yummy Berry Sangria, Michael was happy to have a good steak, and Zoey even got an unexpected treat! As we ate our dessert, which was two enormous pieces of chocolate cake and a side of ice cream, split between the four of us, all of a sudden, my grandpa offered Zoey a bite of ice cream! Not only has Zoey never had ice cream (or milk other than breast milk), but there was a drizzle of chocolate sauce on the spoon as well. After yelling "Ahh! No!", and startling my poor grandpa, I shot Michael a "what should we do??" look. He then said, "Umm, I guess I'm OK with just a little bit, if you are". My grandpa wasn't at all worried about getting our permission, but he kindly waited for it, before putting the spoon to Zoey's lips. We all stared at her, wondering how she was going to react. She appeared to be a little unsure at first, but a few seconds later, she was leaning into the spoon with her mouth open, clearly wanting more!
She didn't get any more than that small bite, and it was a good thing, too! Little Miss did not go to bed until after midnight!! At first, I wasn't sure if a little bite of ice cream had the power to give her such a rush and keep her up, but it actually makes total sense. Her tiny little body had never had that much sugar (ice cream and chocolate sauce!!), so it was no wonder she was bouncing around in bed when she was supposed to be sleeping! Sheesh, thanks a lot Gramps! ;)
While we were waiting for Zoey to fall asleep, I sent my mom a text, telling her about the late night sugar high. She passed the message on to my grandpa, who apparently got a good laugh out of it! Next time, she's going to stay with him and can keep him up!
No comments:
Post a Comment