Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Every year, on Christmas Eve, we travel to spend the evening with my husband's side of the family. The only difference this year was that the festivities were held at his Uncle's house, instead of his Grandma's. The change of location worked out seamlessly, and we all had a great time eating dinner, exchanging White Elephant gifts and watching the children play in the living room.

When we were in Ohio earlier this month, a relative gave Zoey a "Baby's 1st Christmas" bib and a pair of socks that look like presents. We did our best to get a good picture of her wearing both, so we could send it along with a thank you card.

The bib is kind of big on her, but we made it work. 
It's still so cute!
(Daddy cut the socks out of the picture, so this one won't do!

"No more pictures, please. No more!"

"Ay yo! Let me down! You're crampin' my style!"
Such attitude! I have no idea where she gets it from? ;)

Best full length shot we could get!

At least her socks and bib were cute because I was totally underwhelmed by the rest of her outfit. It looked so cute on the hanger, and I guess the top isn't too bad, but the black pants that matched, hung off of her! And that doesn't happen often, so I was shocked! I decided to put her in jeggings instead, and looking back, that was a mistake as well! Something is just off about the whole thing...Oh well, her cute face outshines whatever she's wearing anyway, right? :)

~~~

Each year there is a different theme for the White Elephant gifts. This year, it was Hawaiian. I brought a bag of "Leis" (Lays) chips and a bottle of Febreze Hawaiian Aloha room freshener. I ended up taking home two Hawaiian inspired car fresheners, one of which is a cute hula girl that is supposed to sit on the dashboard! Won't be going in my car, but it's a cute idea.

Trying to sneak someone's pineapple juice

My Father-in-law, showing off his gift!

After dinner and the gift exchange, the tradition continued as we headed to Michael's parents' house for a Secret Santa gift exchange. Michael and I both received exactly what we wanted from our Secret Santa's and were happy that our gift recipients were also pleased! (I had my MIL and Michael had his younger brother :)

It was a late night, as usual, but also a lot of fun and totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment