Friday, December 21, 2012

Shopping Cart Snooze

This cold weather has started to take a toll on Zoey's cheeks. I haven't decided which lotion I want to use on her skin yet (there are SO many to choose from! Do you go "baby"? Do you go natural, or does it even matter? What if I pick the wrong one and she breaks out?!), so for today, I just dabbed a bit of Lanolin on each cheek, and a little on her chin.

"Hey! My cheeks feel funny! What'd you do to 'em?"

I'm sure any parent will agree that, once you take one picture of your precious baby, it's so hard to stop! There was no reason for me to take pictures of Zoey this morning, other than me thinking she was so adorable and feeling like I just had to capture her adorableness. A few pictures turned into a bunch, and before I knew it, she was pretty much begging to be let down from the changing table! Oops! LOL

She definitely has her dad's hairline! 
I love her swooped bangs! I don't even really have to brush them; they won't go any other way!

While waiting for me to get ready, she went shopping in my closet.
Silver Wristlet: $15
Baby: Priceless!

Zoey and I had a pretty eventful trip to Target this afternoon. It started out fine, and then she got tired. Once she got tired, she got cranky and wanted to be held. I hadn't made it half way through my list, so I put off picking her up for as long as I could. After carrying her around and steering the cart at the same time (and bumping into countless racks), she finally let me put her back down. Slowly losing her battle with the fatigue, and just stared blankly as I rolled along. A few minutes later, I caught her eyes starting to close, and eventually, her head started to nod forward. At that point, it was seconds until she was fast asleep. I carefully tucked her jacket, and a portion of her blanket, behind her head and positioned her until she looked comfortable. I'm so glad that my instincts about her being close to falling asleep were right, because I really wanted to finish getting the things on my list!


She refused to sit properly, with her legs through the holes. And then, she fell asleep like this!
I had to reposition her quickly, before someone reported me to the authorities!

Much better! 
We got lots of quiet "Aww, how cute"'s, as we made our way through the store.


This evening's "toy" of choice: a measuring cup
I love how she treats each item as if it's the best thing ever and like she's never, ever, ever going to let it go! 

You can always tell when she's played with her daddy by looking at her hair clip!
Either, it will have fallen off somewhere, or it will be dangling by a few hairs, holding on for dear life! Sign of a fun time :)

LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment