Monday, December 10, 2012

Join The Club

This morning, we went out to breakfast with my mom, my grandma and her husband, and my great aunt. We all wanted to have one last meal together before we headed home. After breakfast, we stopped by a store called Meijer, which is kind of like a Fred Meyer, in search of Ohio memorabilia and airplane snacks. Unfortunately, we didn't have any luck finding new gear, but once we stocked up on chocolate covered raisins, nuts and Chex Mix, we were good to go!


Zoey rode her first mechanical horse on the way out of the store!
She held on tight and smiled the whole time!

It was sad saying our goodbyes in the parking lot, before heading back to our cars, but I have vowed that it won't be another 10+ years before I visit again! 

The journey to, and through, the airport and the plane ride home, were all very eventful! After getting lost on the way to the airport, when we finally saw it up ahead and raced toward the rental car office, we were suddenly rerouted by an officer standing in the street. Not having a clue what was going on, we asked one of the many by-standers, who told us that President Obama was on his way to the airport, too! Not sure if she was to be believed, I checked the news on my cell phone and, sure enough, the traffic report warned of long delays as the motorcade made it's way to the airport! 

After driving in a huge circle, around the backup, we finally dropped off the SUV, said goodbye to my mom, and hopped a shutter to our end of the airport. When we got to the baggage check area, I went to pull out my ID and noticed that my wallet was missing! My first thought was that it was in the rental car, and I was dreading having to hop back on the shuttle to go search for it. We decided to call the rental office before making any moves, and after multiple calls and messages went unanswered, we knew it was time to take action. Michael volunteered to go back on his own, so we wouldn't have to cart Zoey, and all of our luggage, back onto the shuttle. Fortunately, he returned just minutes later, with my wallet in hand! Turns out, the shuttle that dropped us off, hadn't left yet and my wallet was sitting, untouched, on the back seat!

Skipping ahead to our in-flight adventures: Not only was Zoey more restless on this flight, but she helped induct me into a new club that I had no desire to join. I am now the newest member of the "Moms who've been peed on by their babies in an airplane bathroom" club!! Instead of changing Zoey on a blanket on the toilet seat, as suggested by our lovely flight attendant, I decided to go with the tried and true, on the lap method. Well, as I felt my lap and legs begin to warm up, mid diaper change, I knew exactly what was happening. Not cool!! I calmly stood up, letting the pee that had gathered on my skirt, puddle on the floor, wiped up the mess and finished dressing Zoey. I then walked back to my seat, handed her off to Mike, and grabbed a pair of yoga pants out of my carry-on (can't remember why I decided to stuff those in my bag, but I'm so glad I did!). So, for the remainder of the trip, I was styin' in my black yoga pants and brown riding boots! Grrr!

Oh well, we made it home safely and the trip wouldn't have been any fun without a little bit of drama...right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment