Sunday, December 30, 2012

Boxed In

The plan for today was to run a few errands and then attend 5 o'clock mass. For all of you church-goers, you may be thinking, "5 o'clock mass on a Sunday?" Yeah. I told Michael that the 5 o'clock mass was on Saturday nights, but he swore that his co-worker, who has attended our new church for years, said that the Saturday mass is in Spanish, and the Sunday evening mass is in English. So, even though I was a bit skeptical (because I had checked mass times in the past), I followed his lead. 

HItchin' a ride through Nordstrom Rack

When we pulled into the church parking lot at 4:45, we noticed that it was almost empty... I knew something wasn't right, so I pulled up the church website on my phone. Sure enough, there was an English mass on Saturdays at 5 o'clock (!!), and the Sunday evening mass, is a Youth Mass! And, it's at 5:30, not 5! Grrr. Is it wrong to be upset in the parking lot, steps away from God's house? Because I was! We (I) have been trying to become steady parishioners for a while now, and even though I am have been at fault for some of our misses, I was really looking forward to tonight. I knew I should have stuck with my gut, or at least checked the parish website a lot earlier!

So, not only did we have a lot of time to kill, but we started bringing up all kinds of reasons why we shouldn't attend a Youth mass. Really, it was just a few of the unknown (and the "dodged that bullet" attitude of my husband), which eventually led to us burning rubber right out of there...right as Father was pulling in! Good grief, now we're never going to be welcomed in and allowed to have Zoey baptized! (I know that's not true, but it sure feels that way!). I really want to start setting a better religious example for her and it's just not working out the way I'd like. 

We'll get there..someday.

She looked so cute in her church outfit, too!

Kisses for Monkey

Mmmm, more beef for dinner.
(Her poor hair clip!)

Before starting our nightly routine, Zoey had some extra playtime while I scarfed down my dinner. 

There are few things cuter than a baby in a box!

"Alright! This box is awesome!"

While lying with his head in the box, Michael stuck one of Zoey's toys in, 
and she went in after it!

Celebrating the toy retrieval! Yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment