After getting a few holiday decorations, I searched high and low for the perfect poinsettia ("That one's two crinkled", "That one doesn't have enough leaves", "That one looks dead, already!"). When I finally found the one and put it in the cart...my precious little angel face reached back and ATTACKED it! At that moment, I just gave up. I had already spent an embarrassing amount of time scouring through them all, and I was pretty sure I had just been given a sign. I guess our porch will have to go without a pretty red accent piece :(
Jaws?? No, ZOEY!
So, it may not have been in the cards for us to have a poinsettia this year, but we are getting our Christmas tree tomorrow and I can hardly wait!! We'll be going to a tree farm, per our family tradition, and I am looking forward to sugar cookies, apple cider and a friendly debate over which tree to pick! Love, love, love this time of year!

No comments:
Post a Comment