Monday, February 11, 2013

Curly Hair

Practicing standing

I don't know if she was more proud of the fact that she stood up, or that she did so while holding onto her belongings?!

Today we visited the elementary school where I used to work! I love going back, chatting with the ladies in the office, and catching up with a few teachers I connected with during my time there. The teacher I co-taught with for half a year, is pregnant with her second child, and more than a few people asked me if I was going to be her substitute again. I told them that if I didn't have Zoey, I'd be there in a heartbeat! It's funny, many people have started asking me (they've been asking for a while actually) if I miss teaching/working. My answer is: "No!". In fact, I'm still teaching AND working! I teach Zoey everyday, and trust me, it is WORK! ;)
After our visit, we met my mom downtown and she watched Zoey for a bit while I ran into an audition. Before I could go in, I had to change into my workout attire. Fortunately, we had parked right in front of a hotel and the concierge graciously allowed me to use the bathroom. Once changed, I walked into the casting, filled out a form, smiled/posed for a few pictures, shook hands with the photog and walked right back to the car! Man, sometimes it really irks me how short the castings are, but then I remember: Zoey gets to spend a little time with her Granny (or sometimes her daddy comes home to watch her); I am getting out of the house and doing non-mommy things; and there is the potential for me to earn some extra money for our family, without having to be out of the house and away from my baby for 8+ hours a day. I really can't complain about that! Fingers crossed that I get the job... :)

Zoey took a nap on the ride home and woke up with some seriously sweaty, curly hair!

When did her hair get so long?! My goodness.

Mommy/Baby Scrunchy Face!
Bonding, one "face" at a time  :)

As I surfed on my phone while Zoey drifted to sleep in my arms, I looked down and was once again reminded how blessed I am! Such a sweet, pure and innocent little being!

Looks like she's rockin' out!
(It's really just her doing "Scrunchy Face", mid fall. Lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment