Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Love Day, Everyone!

Most of today was filled with loving and cherished moments, but not all of it.

1) Zoey had a great time at library story time! The group leader made sure to include some cute Valentine's Day/Love themed songs and books.

2) Zoey loves apples! She saw a few soaking in a bowl on the counter and started yelling because she couldn't get to them! Once I cut her a few pieces, all was right with her world!

 
"Gimme, gimme, gimme!"

3) I was NOT feeling the love when Zoey came over and pulled my computer screen all the way back, to the floor! I heard a disturbing "crack", as pieces flew off into many different directions and the screen hung there, limp! Technically, the computer still works, but the screen needs to be propped up against something in order for it to be operable! (Again, GA-HETTO!)

Some could argue that this is my fault, for letting the little munchkin get close enough to do such damage. I, however, am choosing not to think about that right now!
"Whaaaaa!" (Mommy tantrum)

4) Michael called before leaving work and asked if he could pick up Chinese food for dinner. We used to eat Chinese a fair amount when we lived in our townhouse and he knows how much I love sitting on the floor, busting out the chopsticks and feasting on the yummy food! I gave him the green light (fortunately, I hadn't started dinner yet) and waited anxiously for him to get home. I put Zoey down for a nap at 5 o'clock, and she's STILL asleep! We were able to enjoy our food and the movie "The Lucky One" (Michael's surprise for me :) without any interruptions. 

Michael loved Zoey's card that we made him and all of the chocolate I gave him (He's a very easy guy to please. One way straight to his heart, is through his sweet tooth!). The way to my heart...yummy food, thoughtful gestures, and a precious, sleeping baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment