Thursday, February 21, 2013

Two Toys, One Hand

In all honesty, the period of time after library story time and before I went to Zumba, was pretty boring. I was a bit low on energy, and Zoey didn't really seem to mind. Although she didn't nap until late in the day, she was still pretty low key (for her), and did a lot of lounging and blanket cuddling. During her nap, I used the time to search for highchairs online. I have been trying to decide whether we need a convertible highchair/booster seat, a traditional highchair, or just a better booster seat than the one that came with our activity seat. By the end of Zoey's nap, when it was time for me to switch from my browser window to the one that had her Pandora station ready to go, I still hadn't found the right chair for us. I have a few more untapped resources, so hopefully I'll arrive at a decision sooner rather than later...

Something that was quite entertaining today, was Zoey's new, and totally unexpected, fixation on holding two toys in one hand! We were playing on the carpet and I noticed her starting to get frustrated. When I looked closely, I saw that she was trying desperately to pick up two of her plastic barn animals, with one hand. I was both amused and impressed by her determination, and shared in her happiness once she finally succeeded!

Giving in and using her other hand to pick up the blue sheep. She then put it in her right hand, which was already holding the pink pig.

Then, she dropped them...

She was sincerely frustrated when she couldn't pick them both up again! (LOL)

SUCCESS!
The look of pride!

Shoot, why stop at two toys? A few minutes later, she had the sheep and yellow chicken in one hand, the pig and orange cow in the other, and tried to put them all together!

I can't even tell you how fun this was to watch! She was super serious about it and wouldn't stop until she had more than two toys. (Holding only two toys was so five minutes ago!)

"I guess three will do...for now"

I guess I should know by now that there won't ever be a truly boring day when I'm hanging out with the coolest kid I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment