Today was Zoey's friend Bronson's Mozzarella & Mustaches 1st Birthday party! My girlfriend Brittni, her husband, and her mom, did such a great job with the party. It was held at one of the family's pizza restaurants out in Snohomish, and although it was quite a drive for us, I'm so glad we went!! I have known Brittni for years, and it is so fun for us to be experiencing motherhood together. I will admit, attending the party today, made me even more excited for Zoey's party (which I didn't even think was possible)! We all had a great time, and all of the yummy food didn't hurt either.
Some party highlights included:
-Watching Zoey play with some of Bronson's new toys (she really liked his mini workbench!)
-Catching up with a few friends
-Delicious pizza, salad, breadsticks, and cupcakes
-Handing over the bag of unused clothes/accessories to baby Stella's mommy (she was so surprised and appreciative)
I have to say though, the hands down, best moment of the party (for me), was when Michael took Zoey to let her walk around, and I stayed at the table to finish my lunch. All by myself, in the back corner of the room, I took a serious "Mommy break" and enjoyed every scrumptious bite. There were a couple times when I realized I was eating quickly, and had to make a conscious effort to slow myself down. During the week, I am so used to stuffing my face when I have time and before Zoey can get her hands on whatever I have! Today though, Michael and I worked as a team, which resulted in me savoring a delicious cupcake and gazing at my little family from the comfort of my quiet corner.
Post party pic. (note the wild hair and lack of bow :)
*BTW, I am obsessed with this cute denim jumper!*
*BTW, I am obsessed with this cute denim jumper!*
Practically running down the hall at Granny's house.
*Awkward moment of the day: Sitting at the table holding Zoey, talking to another mother who was holding her baby girl. The mom stared at Zoey and then looked at me and said "You seriously have the most beautiful baby girl!" Ummm...haha. I wasn't sure what to say? Do we play an awkward game of "No, you do".."No, really, you do!"?? It was a very sweet compliment and I said something like "Oh gosh" in a "Aw, shucks" kinda way, and then promptly changed the subject! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment