Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pink Goo

Today, Zoey and I did a little more shopping/browsing for birthday party supplies. Before we even made it into our first store though, I was given a present I would have rather not received! 

After loading Zoey, her cart cover, the diaper bag, and a few toys into my arms, I went to close the car door, but discovered something pink down by my foot. I wish I could say that when I examined it closer, I realized what it was...but I still have NO idea what I stepped in! All I know is that it was bright pink and a little sticky. Yuck! 

The happy ending to this story? Ever since my purse got replaced by a diaper bag (the day Zoey was born), I have almost always had diaper wipes on hand! While balancing on one foot, with everything still tucked under my arm, I managed to wipe the mess off of my shoe (and the little spot I got one my other foot) and carry right along!

Thanks, kind stranger who left this behind! Thanks a lot!

Not only were our trips through JoAnn's and Michaels pretty productive, they were also very loud. My little squawker, did just that! After sleeping through Tuesday Morning (such a cool store), Zoey woke up in JoAnn's and immediately made her presence known. Eventually, I just threw in the towel. The noise didn't even seem to bother the people around us, but it was driving me crazy! I kept telling her, as if she'd understand and obey "You're disturbing my thoughts!" HA! Not only did she carry on with her baby bird noises, but I started laughing at myself, wondering if I'd ever have a clear thought or a quiet shopping experience again? Ahh well...

Sparkly pink zebra print and sparkly yellow paper! So fun!
(Decided not to buy these once I thought about the possible glitter mess)

One of my many attempts to quiet her! She didn't want any of the toys we brought into the store, of course!
(I always feel bad putting a wet and soggy item back on the self once we're ready to check out! Oops! Sorry JoAnn's, Michaels, Safeway, Walgreens, Target...)

"No Sophie for me, Mom. I have a bottle of hand sanitizer and a cool bone-shaped key chain!"
At least one of those items is kinda clean...kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment