Thursday, February 7, 2013

Not Ready To Leave

Zoey was a little bit slow moving at story time this morning and didn't really get into the toys until it was almost time to clean up! She does really well with the knee bounces and songs at the beginning of the class, but when it's time for her to crawl over to the toys and the rest of the kids, it takes her a little while to get going. In her defense, on days when we don't go to the library, 10:30 to 11:30 is when she starts thinking about a nap...
  
So today, after we all helped clean up, I walked over to get her coat and she stayed put. I turned around to find her gazing longingly at the toys! 

"But I'm not ready to leave yet..."
"No coat...I want more toys!"

We have been surrounded by some really generous people lately. One of the moms from the library group brought some of her daughter's old shoes for Zoey to have. Last week, when we were all talking, another mother of a 10 month old was telling us that she bought her daughter some shoes because she's trying to walk, and I mentioned that I was thinking about doing the same. The older girl's mom said she thought she had some that might fit Zoey, but I really didn't expect to receive three adorable pairs the very next week! :)

Spring/Summer, Dressy, and Casual!

We made a stop at Carter's today and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing, but I'm starting to think it's one of Zoey's favorite places! Once we get in there, she begs to be picked up out of the stroller, squirms out of my arms, and then darts over to the Lego table!

I can definitely see her having a table and chairs set like this at home! She loves it!

It ended up being a great Carter's/OshKosh trip because I had a git card to use and there were major sales going on at both stores. Shopping the clearance and sales racks, I was able to score $122 worth of clothes, for $4.45! Granted, some of the clothes were way overpriced to begin with, but I love the quality of Carter's clothes, and the outlet store is practically always having a sale!

The swimsuit I'd been eyeing, went on sale! (That's what put me over my GC limit and I paid $4.45 for it. :)

These cute two-piece jams were on the clearance rack for $3 and then an extra 30% off! 
I literally snatched them, and a similar purple pair, off of the rack before the ladies next to me saw them! Hahaha

Soo, as I was driving out of the mall parking lot, I spotted the Men's Wearhouse store out of the corner of my eye. I did a quick drive by to see if I could spot my picture anywhere. I finally got up my nerve, pulled into a parking spot, got out, and peered through the window like a lost puppy. BUT, what did I see up on the wall??...

 LOL!
Fortunately, none of the store employees laughed while I took this picture! In fact, they were all really nice and asked a few questions. Totally helped lessen my embarrassment.

Trying on her new-to-her summer sandals :)

And lastly...
Today marks 8 years that Michael and I have been together. It was in the second semester of our freshman year of college that we were introduced to each other by mutual friends. A few days later, we went on a coffee date to Starbucks and talked for hours! I know for a fact that Michael didn't share my strong feelings at the time, but I honestly fell in love with him just days into our relationship, and I'm so glad he eventually came around ;)  

On our 2 year dating anniversary :)

 
Today he came with a surprise box of chocolates (and red roses)!

I made his favorite pizza for dinner and tried to make the Canadian bacon in the shape of a heart (kind of hard to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment