Today Miss Zoey Rae is 2 months old! I cannot believe how fast time is flying and how big my baby girl is getting! She and I hung out around the house this morning and then it was time for her doctor's appointment at 3:10.
Such a sweet little monkey
Michael and I were so anxious to find out Zoey's "stats" and were guessing that she had most likely nearly doubled her birth weight. We were pretty close...She is 14 pounds, 2 ounces (95th percentile), 23.5 inches long (88th percentile) and her head circumference is 39 cm (70th percentile). I asked the doctor if we should consider cutting down on how much she's eating and he said that they don't like to put breastfed babies on any kind of restriction. He said that once she starts sleeping longer stretches (she's already slept through the night a few times!!), there will be no need to wake her for feedings. By 4 months, she won't need any nighttime nutrition at all. So, we were given the green light to carry on like we have been and Zoey is perfectly healthy.
Unfortunately, a great appointment had to turn sour once it was time for Zoey to get vaccinated. She received 4 vaccines; 3 shots and 1 oral. It was an absolutely miserable experience and I don't ever want to hear my baby scream like that again. Watching her in pain nearly brought tears to my eyes. I scooped her up as soon as I could and, fortunately, she calmed down pretty quickly. They warned us that some of the side effects could be soreness and/or swelling at the injection site, a low fever and fatigue. The poor thing definitely experienced all of the above :( For the first few hours at home, if she wasn't sleeping, she was screaming. It was like we had gone to the doctor's with Zoey and then brought a different baby home with us.
Getting some much needed rest
Little Angel
Close to bedtime she stared showing signs of feeling a little better and was all smiles on the changing table. She was even moving her legs as if they didn't hurt much anymore.
She loves to kick in her nightgown!
Her sparkly band aids made quite a fashion statement :)
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a day of rest, as we continue to slowly get our sweet girl back to her normal self. It was a long afternoon for all of us and I am glad it's over!
No comments:
Post a Comment