Our first Father's Day here at the Lubovich house was so much fun! Michael and I are so different in the way that we like to celebrate special occasions, and today he wanted to keep things very low key and casual. I would have loved to go to brunch and spend the day doing some fun activity before going out to dinner. But...it was his day and his wish was my command :)
Zoey's final wake-up this morning was at about 7 and we knew we weren't going to get much more sleep after that. After being fed and changed, I handed her off to Michael and I went to grab his presents. His gift from Zoey was a homemade Father's Day t-shirt that says "#1 Daddy, <3 Zoey Rae, 2012". When he first saw the shirt, I couldn't tell exactly how he felt, but then he said "I'm gonna wear it all day!... except for at church" Hahaha, I wasn't going to believe it until I saw it...
Looks good on him!
Michael's gift from me was a coupon book full of "coupons" for things he loves. Included were things like "a day free of diaper changes", "a 10 minute back scratch/rub" and "a breakfast in bed". The real gift within the coupon book was a coupon for "a tool of your choosing". I didn't know exactly what tool or piece of equipment was next on his list, so I figured we could go shopping for it after mass (other than relaxing, I can't think of many other things my husband would rather do on his special day than go to the hardware store, without any complaints from me :)
After a nice mass at St. Andrew's in Sumner (potentially our new family church!), we went to Starbucks for a treat. Michael rarely goes to Starbucks and the one thing that gets him in the door is a tall Java Chip Frappuccino (pile on the whipped cream!)! We enjoyed our treats in the comfy chairs by the fireplace and then headed home to feed Zoey and change our clothes.
When we got home, I went upstairs to feed Zoey and was shocked to hear the law mower start up! I thought "That has to be the neighbors...but it sounds awfully close!". When I came back downstairs, I found Michael outside mowin' away! When he saw us watching at the window, he came up and asked if he could have "5 more minutes?". Hahaha. I said "absolutely" and thought to myself how funny it was that mowing the lawn was clearly bringing him happiness :)
After cleaning up, without being prompted, Michael headed straight for his Father's Day shirt and I went straight for my camera!
So Precious!!
Zoey had on her "I love Daddy" onesie
Next, we headed to Lowes so Michael could pick out his new tool. We walked around for a while and looked at many different things before he set his sights on a work lamp. I don't fully understand what's so great about a light that makes it $50, but it is apparently super bright and will last a lot longer than the one he currently has. I didn't really care what he chose, as long as it made him happy. Mission accomplished :)
Off to Costco...hooray, it was sample time!! As I was looking at some baby clothes for Zoey (such great prices at Costco!), Michael came around the corner waving a wet suit. With a huge smile on his face he said, "Babe, I'll return the lamp to Lowes if I can get this wet suit!". LOL Again, in the spirit of Father's Day, I said "Sure" as I was cracking up inside. Apparently, he'd been wanting a wet suit for a long time and you'd think that work lamp was chopped liver, the way he was ready to toss it to the side without a second thought!
When we got home, Michael happily proclaimed that it was time for him to plant his strawberries. After a little time outside, he asked if it was okay if he had cereal for dinner (I did a silent cheer at the thought of not having to cook anything) and again, I said "whatever you'd like!"
Today was a lot of fun. I had a blast watching Michael enjoy Zoey and do things that made him happy. As another present for him, Zoey rolled over 4 times! He was cheering like he was watching a rugby game; it was hilarious. The father-daughter relationship they are forming is very sweet; he is already so proud of who she is. He always says how much he's looking forward to "just being her daddy". She is very lucky to have him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment