Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trash To Treasure

This morning Michael suggested that we check out a garage sale a few houses down from us. The sale was open last weekend too and the sign boasted "Woodworking Tools!". He wanted to see if there were any tools left and convinced me that if he found anything, it would make a great Father's Day gift (he's always got a great excuse as to why he should buy something!). So, we busted out the strolled and headed down the street. 

It was a gorgeous morning for a walk

The lady hosting the show was very sweet and would have talked to us for hours if she could have. She welcomed us to the neighborhood and told us that the best thing about all of the neighbors in the area is that they'll all say hi and help you when you need it, but, other than that, they stay out of your hair! Sounds like my kind of neighbors! :)

Michael wasn't able to find any tools, but he did get some hooks to hang the tools he has. As we were getting ready to pay, the hostess announced that all of the furniture on her front porch was for sale as well. I then overheard her telling another woman that the wrought iron bench on the porch was "10". I quickly turned to Mike and told him that I was pretty sure the bench was only $10. The other woman who had inquired about it didn't seem super interested, so I didn't feel too bad about swooping in. Just to be sure, I asked the hostess again how much it was, and again she said "10". I knew it couldn't be $10,000, but I just couldn't believe that it was only $10!! After getting the OK from Mike, I said "We'll take it!". 

After some paint and stain, it'll be as good as new!

Right now the bench is in the garage because we don't have a covered place outside to put it. I didn't really think about that when I bought it, but I'll figure it out. It was too good to pass up!

After our garage sale adventure, my mom arrived. She was carrying a "baby" gift bag, which is becoming a very familiar sight! One of her coworkers bought Zoey a set of onesies and a beautiful, soft blanket. Inside another bag was an outfit from my mom's Zumba friends. Without her knowing, her Zumba instructor/friend had an outfit made for Zoey that reads "My Granny Zumbas Better Than Your Granny"! And the matching pink pants have a "Z" on the right leg. Of course we had to put Zoey in the outfit right away and take some pictures. It was so cute, and very sweet.

"Z is for Zumba AND Zoey!" :)

Once my mom left, Michael and I got ready to go out to dinner. He had asked if we could go to dinner for Father's Day tonight, instead of tomorrow, when places are sure to be crowded (when Michael has his way, it's "the less fuss, the better" :) He decided on The Milton Tavern, which he heard from coworkers was a great little place with really yummy food. When we got there, it was very low key, but not at all rundown or too much like a "bar". Mike had a mushroom steak burger and a beer, and I got a french dip sandwich. Everything was very good and I can definitely see us going back.

We've got mass tomorrow morning at 10. Let's hope we all make it there well-dressed and on time. If Zoey lets us sleep tonight, we shouldn't have any trouble staying awake tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment