This evening was a true test of my mommy bravery as well as my gag reflex. Michael was playing with Zoey and it was clear that she was starting to get hungry. She started to cry and her cries quickly turned into impatient screams! I told him that she needed to be changed because her diaper was wet, and I don't usually feed her in a soiled diaper. He looked at Zoey and then looked back at me, as if to say "Do you hear what I'm hearing?!" And then he asked me if I could just feed her anyway. I hesitantly agreed and quickly silenced Zoey with a nice warm meal....
Shortly after she began eating, Zoey paused and began to grunt. We all know what that means. Poop! She seemed relieved and then started eating again. Thinking out loud, I said that Zoey was going to need to finish eating pretty soon so that her diaper wouldn't start leaking; by the sounds of it, she had let out quite a load. It wasn't a minute later before I felt warmth on my arm and could smell the unpleasant aroma that is a full diaper. I pulled back the blanket Zoey was wrapped in and what I saw made me want to run for the hills!!
Remember...You've Been Warned!
Oh.My.Good.Lord!!
Not sure what happened to her other sock; it may have gotten lost during the sprint up to the changing table!
I asked my dear husband for help, but instead of lending a hand, he quickly hid behind the camera. He kept reminding me "You said you can handle poop and I said I can handle vomit!!". Well, seeing as how Zoey doesn't really have "real" vomit yet, I think I should get some help with this very real poop! Right??
Baby Girl didn't seem to be phased by the huge mess she had just made. Nor did she seem frightened by her parents squirming and squealing like two little girls!
"Ewwww, Ewwww, Ewwwwwww!"
Doing my best not to lose it!
Michael was able to pull himself together and hand me a roll of paper towels once I realized that Zoey had poo all over her feet and legs.
As you can imagine, it was impossible for me to clean her without getting my hands dirty! :(
My lovely husband stepped up once more and drew Zoey a nice warm bath. After I got most of the poo off of her, I placed her in the tub. She was all smiles and so were we, as we rejoiced at the sight of a clean, no longer stinky, baby girl.
After Zoey was dried and dressed in her jammies, she and Michael abandoned me, leaving me to clean up the changing table and soiled clothes. As for the clothes, I found myself dangling them from my fingertips while holding my breath. I quickly dropped them in the bath water and returned later to scrub them. After a good scrub (I felt like all that was missing was a head scarf and a washboard!), I applied plenty of Shout stain remover and put them in the washing machine, on HOT!
Poor rubber ducky, he didn't ask for this!
After about 20 diaper wipes, a few squirts of hand sanitizer (on my hands and the changing table) and many, many paper towels, this is what we were left with...
An empty container of wipes and a changing table being left to dry!
What a night! Although I was left to clean up the mess, I will forever have the vision of Michael, pale, gagging and near tears as he stood outside our bedroom door refusing to come close to his angel of a daughter and her stinky behind! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment