Zoey was a very sleepy baby today. She took a bunch of short naps, many of which came as a surprise to me. At one point I could tell she was sleepy, but she was fighting it desperately. So, I decided to change her diaper and then continue to wait it out. She was squirming on the changing table, so I cranked up her giraffe, Twinkle, in the hopes that the music might calm her down. After I finished changing her, I went to wash my hands. When I finished, I noticed that the sound of her flailing arms and legs had ceased. I quietly peaked around the corner and found my little angel in a light slumber!
Maybe she just needed a soft buddy to cuddle up next to?
With all of the naps that she took, I should have used one of them as the perfect opportunity to cut her razor sharp nails. But instead, I attempted the task while she was wide awake and apparently a bit hungry...
"Hmm, your hand looks rather delicious. Why don't you just slide it back in front of my mouth..."
"Thank you! Nom, nom, nom..."
Although it is a bit nerve racking, I have always been pretty good at cutting baby nails. I was hesitant to attempt it on Zoey, but was also tired of us both having thin slash marks across our faces and necks. My aunt gave me a cool electric nail file that I'm going to have to try one of these days, but for now, I just envision Zoey getting freaked out at the sight, sound and feel of it. The old fashion way actually worked out pretty well. We had to take a few breaks while she got her squirms out, but she definitely earned the meal she was rewarded with once we were all finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment