Why would I want her to wake up, you ask? Well, a few weeks after Zoey was born, Michael asked me at what age we were going to move her into her own room. I told him that I didn't have a specific age in mind (as I believe it can be different for every baby), but definitely not until she was sleeping through the night. I made it clear that I wasn't going to be traveling groggily into her room 1 to 3 times a night!
Well, now that my little darling has mastered (even if only temporarily) the art of shut-eye, my lovely husband is once again inquiring about her move out date. How do I feel about this? Oh, I can put it very simply. I'M NOT READY!! I am not ready for her to go! Even though I know it is probably best for Zoey, and my marriage, at this point I really don't care. To be quite honest, if we were to move her tomorrow, I would move with her. We have an air mattress that we paid good money for; I think it's only right that we get our money's worth...right?
Ugh! I know her room is pretty much just right outside our bedroom door. And that when she moves out of our room, it's not like she's moving out of the house. But still, I am having a very tough time with the idea of it. I enjoy waking up at every sound she makes and tiptoeing past the Pack-n-play when I have to use the bathroom in the night. My body used to BE her home and now that she's outside of me, I never want her far away.
So, we'll see how much longer I can keep her at the foot of our bed. And when the time does come for here to make the transition, she isn't going to be the only girl growing up and dealing with change...
Just haaangin' out, in her cute jammies!
See, she's so cute when she's awake!
I guess I should be careful what I wish for, but right now, at this moment, I really wouldn't mind waking up once a night! Is that just my hormones talking, or what??
No comments:
Post a Comment