Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lakeridge Elementary

I had been looking forward to today for a long time!  I brought Zoey in to Lakeridge Elementary in Renton, where I used to do a job share in one of the kindergarten classrooms. The entire staff and my teaching partner were all so great to me while I was there and I couldn't wait to go back and show Zoey off. I had to stop working in January, when I was put on bed rest at 28 weeks, so everyone who had been thinking of us was very excited to see us and hear how everything went.

My first stop was the classroom I used to teach in. My former teaching partner, Stephanie, who is now the full-time teacher again, told the kids that there would be a surprise this afternoon, but didn't tell them what it was. When I walked in they were all very excited!

They gathered around Zoey right away

They had so many questions and comments
"She looks like my baby", "Is she alive?", "She doesn't look like you, Mrs. L!"
Hahaha

This little stinker was one of my favorite challenges

"Mrs. L, can we take a class picture?!"

They abandoned poor Zoey and organized themselves for a class picture. 
Too funny :)

I've missed these guys. They all look so much bigger!

After a short visit, the kids had to go to music class and it gave Stephanie and I a chance to catch up. A few other teachers stopped by the room to take a peak at Zoey. Once school was out, I was able to go to the office and mingle with more teachers and staff. Zoey was so great and let multiple people hold her. She didn't fuss at all for close to 2 hours! She started to get hungry and needed a diaper change, but by then it was time for us to go anyway. Everyone was just so impressed with her and I was very proud of her. I think all of the commotion kept her looking around so she didn't have time to be cranky! :)


After being changed and fed, she slept all the way home.


So adorable. Everyone loved her little outfit. 

Still had to get some tummy time in

Today was as great as I thought it was going to be. I loved seeing all of the kids and seeing them made me think about how Zoey is going to be in Kindergarten one day! I am in no hurry to get there, but I know when the time arrives, she's going to be a great student! She's already such a smarty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment