Today my dad and sister came over to visit Zoey and I. They had both met Zoey once before and were excited to see how much she's grown and changed. Before they arrived, Zoey had taken a nap and I made sure to feed her so that she'd be in a good mood. Well, she was awake when they showed up, but her good mood didn't last for too long. After saying hi and being bounced and passed around, she let me know that she was still a bit sleepy...
Unsure how long she wanted to hold out for the sake of entertaining company
After being bounced in Mommy's arms, she finally dozed off and I was able to pass her back to her aunt. I'm trying so hard to be conscious of how much I hold her when we have visitors. I'm not stupid; I know people don't come over just to watch me hold my baby! Haha. And holding a sleeping Zoey is better than no Zoey at all :)
Asleep in Auntie Deidre's arms
While Zoey was sleeping, my Grandma Helen called to thank me for the photo album I sent her full of pictures of Zoey. She was totally surprised and said she had already flipped through the pictures about 5 times! Before I hung up the phone, Zoey was awake again and was apparently putting on a show. Everyone was laughing and smiling, and I was just glad that she didn't end up sleeping through the entire visit. When I rejoined them all, I found a smiling Baby Girl.
She was recharged and ready to go
Everyone says my sister and I look so much alike...I don't see it. Do you? ;)
My dad was so happy to have his granddaughter in his arms; it was really sweet.
"One day soon I'm gonna take you out and get you fishin'!"
Overall, the visit was very successful. It's so fun sharing Zoey with all of the people who love her. She makes everyone smile and I'm told that she just does something to people's hearts. I know she definitely has an effect on mine!
Just had to include one more picture of my pretty girl
No comments:
Post a Comment