***BREAKING NEWS: This morning Zoey rolled over for the first time! She did it twice actually! While I was getting ready upstairs, Michael had her on the jungle mat and all of a sudden I heard him screaming something to me. I couldn't tell what he was saying, so of course I freaked out, thinking there was some kind of emergency. Once I heard what he said, I wanted to cry because I realized what I had just missed! I grabbed the video camera and ran downstairs, hoping she'd do it again so I could see. And she did!! We got it on camera; I'm trying to figure out how to upload it on here... Such an exciting morning! I am one proud momma!!!***
Today we joined Michael's family on Bainbridge Island for his brother's 8th grade graduation. The festivities started with a 10:00 AM mass, through which Zoey slept peacefully. I was very worried that she was going to wake up and start whining due to hunger or a wet diaper. But we only heard a few sleepy coos and once we moved to the church hall for a yummy pancake breakfast, she woke up and was ready to socialize a bit.
Joey, the graduate
After the pancake breakfast, they played a slide show showing pictures of the graduates throughout their lives. Seeing all of the baby/younger pictures of Joey and his classmates made me pretty emotional. I wish I could say the emotions were unexpected, but I've always been a sappy person, and seeing those kids "all grown up", was really touching. I was in the back of the room feeding Zoey as the slide show was playing, and I made the mistake of looking down at her, which of course brought to my mind the thought of her going to school one day. It took everything I had not to start bawling at that moment!
Receiving his diploma and bible
Showing off the goods
Christy and Ryan
Zoey: "Ryan, are you looking at the camera?"
Ryan: "Yeah, are you?"
Zoey: "Yeah. How much longer do you think this will take?"
Zoey: "I think I'm over this."
Ryan: "Just keep looking at the camera! They'll have to stop eventually..."
Zoey: "I'm getting sleepy, and these people are just gonna have to deal with it"
Ryan: "You're right. I'm done, too!"
Great Grandma Norma
At least everyone is looking in the same general direction :)
3 destinations and 3 outfits later (Llittle Miss was a little mess!), we finally made it home. Usually when we leave Bainbridge it's pretty late because we want to make the most of our time there, but because we got there so early this morning, we were able to leave mid-day and make it home at a decent hour. Once again, we had a sleepy Zoey (I love that she's having these full, fun and exciting days!) and a great end to another fun weekend!
I love showing her off to everyone, but I love being home and snuggling her even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment