Today, Zoey had her 4 month check up. Michael and I were very anxious to get her "stats", as we had been guessing her weight for the past few days. After getting her stripped down to her diaper, the nurse escorted us down the hall to the scale. Before we set her down, Michael and I made our final guesses. He said 17lb 12oz and I guessed 18lb 2oz. Her actual weight: 18lb 1oz! Even though we were guessing in that range, we were still very surprised that's what she actually weighs! (99.44 percentile!) And, if you're thinking that I won the guessing game, think again. After I happily proclaimed my victory, Michael quickly burst my bubble: "Umm, no! Price Is Right rules; you went over, you lose!" (I still maintain that I was the closest and therefore, I WIN! :)
Our chunky Buggy, keeping warm while we waited for the doctor
"Stick that tongue back in your mouth, Girl!"
Such a cutie pie
Belly, Belly :)
Each time we visit her pediatrician, I am reassured that we made the right choice in picking him. He always seems very happy to see us and is great with Zoey. She was grabbing onto everything, including his hands, while he was tying to examine her, and instead of brushing her off or hurrying through, he started joking with her and patiently worked through it. You'd think that's what every pediatrician would/should do, but I'm always surprised each time I meet someone who's doing a job they're just not cut out for :( So far though, our doc gets an A+ (even from Mike, and he's a tough one to please when it comes to medical professionals).
Showing the doctor her strong grip!
The doctor asked us a bunch of questions about Zoey's development and made sure that all of our concerns were addressed. He was very impressed with her and kept giving her little opportunities to show off. He pointed out how when he first entered the room, she turned and noticed him. He then tapped on the table repeatedly and pointed out how she turned and looked at his hands right away. He did ask us if she had complete head control and we, without hesitation, said that we believed she does. Then, after further examination, he informed us that she's still got a bit of a "bobble head"! Hahaha. He said it's normal at her age and that it should be completely steady around 6 months. It's funny, Mike and I have been so excited about how well Zoey supports her head and how strong her neck has become, that we didn't even realize she still has a little ways to go (we can totally see it now that he pointed it out). Guess we had our "Proud Parent Blinders" on :)
After the doctor left, it was time for another round of vaccinations. I was dreading it because of how it went the last time (Zoey threw up the oral medicine) and asked right away if I could hold her this time. The nurse said I could for the oral medicine, but that she needed to be lying down for the shots. Fortunately, everything went very smoothly this time; she let out a huge shriek and calmed quickly after being placed back in my arms.
Being poked and prodded is tiring stuff!
As soon as we got in the car, all 18.1 pounds and 26 inches of our baby girl drifted off to sleep :)





No comments:
Post a Comment