The mold specialist came this morning!! Knowing that he was arriving at 8, I pulled myself out of bed at 7:50. As soon as the clock stuck 8, the doorbell rang! (I hadn't brushed my teeth, washed my face or run a comb through my hair...) I scrambled to get both arms into my bathroom as I made my way downstairs to answer the door. Standing there, extremely chipper, was Reuben. Although I was still in early morning zombie mode, I did my best to impersonate a "morning person" as I smiled and welcomed him into our home.
After asking me a few questions (which I stood back and answered, seeing as how I didn't want to breath on the poor man!) and explaining what he was going to be doing over the next couple of days, he got right to work. After checking out the moister level underneath the house, he set up a dehumidifier in the garage. He was done in less than an hour and I was so grateful! But, he didn't leave before asking me one last question: "Well, have you seen the movie 'Money Pit'?...At least that isn't you!". Hahaha. Thanks Reuben :)
After he left, I went straight upstairs and rejoined Zoey, who was sound asleep in our bed. I didn't get a ton more sleep before she woke up, but I couldn't complain. Something was better than nothing!
Happy girl, playing in her room
To give myself a break from propping her up, I put Zoey in her Bumbo seat, so she could sit up and play on her mat. Well, she quickly became more interested in the mat's tag, which was just out of reach, below her. As I watched her try, over and over, to grab it, I witnessed her coming loose from the seat. I had always figured that since her legs were wedged in there, she wouldn't ever be able to get loose. Well...given a little more time, I can just imagine her left leg popping out and her falling flat on her face (or, her right leg would stay in and she'd just hand there :( No good!
I didn't think it was possible, with those chubby legs!
As I went through some of Zoey's clothes and accessories, tossing too small items into the box, I came across her Parametrix hat. When the HR lady from Michael's work first sent us the hat, it was way too big for Zoey's newborn head. And since it's summer time, she still doesn't have a need for it yet, but Michael wanted to see her in it. (It's almost too small now; not sure if it's going to make it to Fall/Winter.)
So Daddy can show his coworkers...Parametrix Pride!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment